Introduction: Welcome to the Blog!

 Hi there! If we’re not friends already, allow me to introduce myself…


My name is Rachel, I’m 32 and I was born and raised in central Texas. I lived there most of my life, except for a year that I spent teaching English in rural Japan (which you can read about on my old blog, Konnichihowdy). It was after this fun and challenging year, when I came back to the States at the end of 2019, that I met Tucker, a funny, handsome guy from Boston, and we’ve spent just about every minute together since.


In May 2020, at the height of the global COVID-19 pandemic, we moved from Texas to New England, specifically to the Seacoast region of New Hampshire. Although I’d been working in marketing for some time, I chose to take a step back and work in customer service in my new home. So far, I’ve been a cook, server, and most notably, a world-class barista (seriously, I make a great latte).

 

In June 2021, we got two cute little black cats, Omri and Scramble. We’ve had them since they were tiny little kittens, and have fully embraced our roles as cat parents. You’ll be seeing a lot of them around, because frankly I am obsessed with these two sweet little guys.

On November 4, 2022, I married the love of my life. Tucker and I didn’t have a big wedding, or really, any wedding at all - just us, our friend Thom officiating, and our friend there to snap photos in a field next to City Hall. Not only are we non-traditionalists, we’re also too poor for a big one-day event. We did, however, have a party with some friends at Funspot, the world’s LARGEST ARCADE (did you know the world’s largest arcade is in New Hampshire?! Me neither, until I moved here!) and I got to bowl and play mini-golf and Skee-Ball in my dress. I plan to write a separate post about our marriage and the party, because wow, what a whirlwind.


Now that 2022 is wrapping up, we’re rethinking New Hampshire, and New England in general. Unfortunately it’s become too expensive for us to live here, even with our combined incomes. We’re not sure where our next step will take us, but we know that we can do anything, as long as we’re together.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Falsehood of Karma

One Month Into Mrs. Brennan